back
guides
help newsletters advertisers Booking: 0872 442 5038

Château de Morlanne

 

 

 

Built in 1373 by the half-brother of Gaston Fébus, this brick fortress has been perfectly restored. Raymond Ritter, a scholar passionate about history, literature and art; and Hélène; his wife, recreated the original architecture. The castle seems to have survived intact its six centuries of history. It now houses a rich collection of furniture and art objects, as well as master paintings (Canaletto, Fragonard, etc). From the height of its splendour it dominates the village, a harmony of ochres and red, whose main street lined with former 17th and 18th century residences links it to the secular abbey and the 14th century fortified church.

The castle is closed during all the year 2003 for renovation ; only the park is open to the visit.

Add this place to your selection

Château de Morlanne

64370 Morlanne

Tel : +33 5 59 81 60 27
Fax : +33 5 59 81 42 93

Contact : Comité départemental du tourisme Béarn - Pays Basque

Railroad Station : Orthez (28 Km)
Airport : Pau (35 Km)

     

Leisure on site :

  • Park
  • Museum

Leisure nearby :

  • Horseback riding
  • Hunting
  • Kids leisure

Parking :

  • Private parking
  • Outdoor parking

Situation :

  • Countryside